Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Showers in Tennessee





We are experiencing what the weather has to offer in TN today. Downpours of rain, flooding the yard. I am getting Hannah's schedule figured out for the next quarter. Adam will be spending his time in Japan, China, and Thailand. The technology of Skype is perfect for this second phase of upset for our family. As I look over the pictures of the week before the big earthquake, I am so grateful we were at Sankien Gardens viewing the plum blossoms. Hannah had carefully placed a stone in each bamboo fence top, it was such a ritual, and I wonder if they got shook out of their spot. We even build a Kairn at the top with the big pagoda. Adam actually found a treasure next to the pagoda that was a beautiful stone with Japanese writing on it. It looked like a forgotten piece of stone thrown off to the side of the trail, so we adopted it and brought it home. It will be fun to show it off after it makes the long journey by boat from Japan to Tennessee. Adam just spent the whole week packing up the house, giving away food and items that cannot be shipped, and getting all the lease items back to Tokyo Lease. I want to give a "shout out" to Mamiko. She was so wonderful helping us pick out the items for our home in a fast frenzy. You may not remember that our house hunting trip was cut down to 3 days instead of 5 because of airline issues. Mamiko became by massage client, and it was fun getting to know her. I am hoping that she makes it TN to visit us, and unwind from the daily anxiety of living in Japan at this time. I enjoyed getting to do my work while I was there. I also gave massages to a couple friends, and children that were in Hannah's Montessori school. I miss Jun my acupuncturist/massage therapist in Yokohama.


Hannah misses her friends from Japan. I had handmade her birthday invitations for her friends at Treehouse Montessori. They had pictures of each child with Hannah at different play dates she had. We enjoyed Hannah's birthday party at Nana's home this year. It would have been nice to have it in Japan with our friends there. I was really looking forward to it. It is so sad that we did not get to say goodbye to everyone there. I am keeping in touch through email with Blanca from Costa Rica, now living in Germany. Her and I had the Izu Penisula adventure together. I email with Lotta from Sweden. She not only taught me how to make the best herb burgers, but also the adorable Japanese bookmarks. Actually, Adam had a synchronicity moment this week when he ran into Richard from Austrailia in the cell phone store. He then got to go out to eat with him, his pregnant wife Cindy from Singapore, and their son Aiden who was in Hannah's class. Cindy is the one who inspired and taught me to make the Bento Boxes. I get to keep up with her through FB, and her blog. They all met up with Lance from Nashville and had a great evening together in Yokohama. I just found out that Lance will not be coming home in July, it will now be September. I send Dee Dee positive energy to help her manage the one parent experience. We are still trying to get Landon and Hannah together for a play date. I am so grateful that Adam has a "big boy" job, and takes care of us. It is hard being separated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment