Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughts and Thank You's

It has been 6 months since the earthquake in Japan on 3/11/11 that killed more than 20,000 people.  My life is completely different now.   "Living in the moment" is my meditation for each day.  "Expecting the best, but preparing for the worst", seems to be the way for me to deal with my fears of natural disasters.   My wish is that people who experience life altering events be able to embrace the RESPECT that the Japanese people seem to have in most aspects of their lives even when under extreme stress like that of the 9.0 earthquake.  I will continue to be in awe of the calmness, courage, and only taking what you need attitude that was displayed after this terrifiying event.  I feel completely blessed in my life right now, being alive, aware, and full of Love. 

I am extremely grateful to the following people that were involved in my Japan experience:  Wayne, Mamiko, Jun, Jaclyn, David, Dee Dee, Lance, Lotta, Blanca, Cindy, Richard, Jenny, Irena, Jimmy, Sayuri, Luna, Yoko, and Lilly.
and last, but certainly not least...Adam, and Hannah Lee.

When I returned home to TN and was completely "shook up" from the earthquake these people came to my rescue and I would not be so happy today without their help: 
www.synergywellnessspa.com, www.pangaeanashville.com, trendy pieces of Murfreesboro, TN, Bell Buckle Family Clinic , and all my family and friends for their hugs and compassion.


My time in Japan was a like no other I have ever experienced.  Learning how people are different on the oposite side of the world from America was extremely interesting.   I absolutly loved walking and riding my bicycle everywhere.  I had more time to my myself for reading, napping, and exploring.  The question now is:  Will I give that to myself in Tennessee? 

No comments:

Post a Comment