Thursday, February 24, 2011

Roppongi









I managed to get myself 90 minutes from our home to meet some girls for a drink at a New York style restaurant in Tokyo called "57". Roppongi is a part of Tokyo that has a rich night life. I was impressed with myself that I did not have any trouble getting there and back because I had to take 2 buses, 8 trains, and a taxi to do it all. There is an English publication printed in Japan for Ex-Pats called http://www.living-a-broad.com/, they have a monthly gathering. It was interesting to meet some new people and hear about why they are living Japan, and how their experience is going. I met some kindred spirits, and hope to see them again.

When I made my way home late that evening, I was surprised that the trains were shoulder to shoulder crowded. It was mainly business men just going home from work on a Thursday night. I am very concerned about their lack of sleep. I took pictures of two interesting signs I saw on the subway. The first one is an SOS button that should only be pushed if someone is dying because the train will come to a screeching halt. The other sign says "Your seat should only be as wide as your bottom, not the width of your spread legs." I find the illustration to be hilarious! I think the other public notice is good that reminds people that smoke grows wider than the human body.



1 comment:

  1. I know that SOS button well! DON'T PUSH IT!!!! (lesson learned). ;)

    ReplyDelete