Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Outings with Leslie













Leslie is enjoying bicycling all over Yokohoma and getting the up close perspective on things. It is fun for me to hear a different point of view, and have an extra set of eyes to catch fun things like the woman walking her pet pig! I took Leslie to receive her first Acupuncture session from Jun, my therapist, and we got to meet the chiropractor that also works in that space. She has met some of the other school mothers, and even got to have a tour of Hannah's school. Everyone is very welcoming to her, as if she were their guest. Hannah was excited to have us in her class, and quickly made a bracelet for Leslie which you see in the last picture. These pictures were taken in Sankien Gardens. This is the place I blogged about back in July. We got to have a green tea ceremony, and it was great! I loved all the ritual and care that was taken in every action done. We were given an English translation on how to receive and drink the tea...there are many steps. We were given two sweets that had pagoda's stamped on them. The sweets and green tea were very tasty to me. After the ritual, they taught us how to make the tea ourselves. I taught Leslie how to make the Bento lunchbox art, the paper cranes, and Japanese bookmarks.


1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo happy for you two!!!!...and a little jealous that my girls are floating around beautiful Japan doing tea ceremonies and visiting giant buddhas!!! Moonlight Gladness is this weekend and I miss you both terribly and want us all to be together in the hot hot sauna and laugh at eachother's shouts in the cold cold plunge.

    ReplyDelete