Friday, October 1, 2010

Friends




The Drake family (David, Jaclyn, Abby, and Dawson) left Japan and they are stopping in Hawaii on their way back to Winchester, TN. We are sad to see them go, we had lots of fun times with them. We are very excited that our friend Leslie will be here October 8th for ten days!
I went to see the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" on Friday morning while Hannah was in school. My Japanese friend Sayuri went with me. The movie was as good as the book! It was the cleanest theater I have ever been in, and there was no smell of popcorn. Next time I will investigate further to see if there was even a concession stand. I did not see anyone eating or drinking. It was very interesting to me to see that when the movie ended, instead of everyone rushing to get up and move on to the next thing, everyone actually sat through the entire credits and did not attempt to get up until the lights came on!!! It was soooo different from what I am used to. I relaxed into it, and actually enjoyed seeing how many people are involved in making a film, and then at the very end it tells you the titles of the soundtrack. This movie had a great one. Sayuri has a 4 yr old daughter named Lisa that Hannah holds hands with on the way to school. Sayuri told me that when we were at the Sumo event, Sylvestor Stallone was there! I saw the crowd on the other side of the arena rushing to someone and taking pictures, it must have been him!!!
I have been very grateful because my friend Abby has been taking care of my cats Hunter and Chyna since we have been gone. I got word from her that Hunter died on his 14th birthday. He had a good, long life. Abby buried him in her pet cemetery.
We are elated to find out that my friend Beverly delivered a healthy baby girl today, named Sierra Isabella!!! The TN phone has been by our side getting the updates of her two days of laboring. "Bella" has a black hair mohawk, long eyelashes, and she took to breastfeeding immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Hunter.I didn't realize he was 14. Wow. I'm reading Eat,Pray,Love. It's entertaining.

    ReplyDelete