Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Saturday, March 12th



At midnight, the electricity came back on and I immediately logged on to Face Book to let people know we were safe at the moment. It was wonderful to see all the messages that people were sending to us. We spent the day in a daze. We finally got the house put back together, and the broken things put away. We were glued to the TV. We finally went outside around 4pm and went to check on Dee Dee, Landon, and Lance. We all relived our stories, and didn't know what to do next. I got a call later that night that the French Embassy was recommending us to shut off heat, and not go outside, to not breath the air because of the nuclear power plant radiation leakage. Also, they said to fill up tubs with water in case we needed it. I followed those instructions, not knowing if it was over-reacting or not. I decided that electricity would probably be limited soon anyway. It was so cold when we went to bed, I decided to leave the bedroom heater on low. (each room has individual heater/air conditioner). Of course we had Hannah in bed with us again. The aftershocks all day long made you feel like you were on a ship. I finally had to take a nausea pill before I went to bed, which helped me to sleep deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment