Saturday, December 4, 2010

Izu Penisula







Blanca from Costa Rica invited me to go on a tour to the Izu Penisula to make wasabi, and hike to 7 waterfalls. It was on a Saturday, so Adam and Hannah Lee got to spend some quality time together while I was gone from 6am to 9pm. There was 36 of us on a Jack Rabbit tour bus headed 3-4 hours away. The tour guides made the time go by quickly with games and prizes. On the way back we even sang together. There were many different countries represented with all the tourists, and the one song we all knew the words to was "Jingle Bells". Blanca and I sang into the microphone and led everyone to "It's a wonderful world", and "It's a small world". First we went to the wasabi fields. (last picture) We made 2 batches of our own. It was pretty easy to make, and had a little bit of a sting to the eyes like when you cut onions. After that we went to a Japanese restaurant where you removed your shoes in the foyer and placed them in lockers. We had a beautiful room to ourselves with floor seating. I sat right next to a window that had plants, and a coy pond. The variety of food that was served was amazing. I did not know most of what I was eating, but I enjoyed every bite! It was the best Japanese dining experience I have had. After lunch we headed for the hiking and waterfall viewing. Blanca sprained her ankle the week before the hike, so we stayed at the back so she could walk slower. She is a budding professional photographer, so she took tons of gorgeous photos. I carried her new tripod and was her assistant for the day. Go to her website and click on her blog to see the awesome pictures of the waterfalls. http://www.blancamelendez.com/ We had a really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment