Saturday, December 4, 2010

Potato Dig



Hannah Lee's school goes on a sweet potato dig field trip every year.
She was so excited about going, and loved wearing Adam's backpack for the event.
She got to sit next to her friend Adrian. (We just celebrated his 3 year birthday party last night...it was very fun!) The kids rode on the bus an hour to the potato farm, and got to dig their own potatoes. They all seemed to have fun digging in the dirt for the day. As soon as Hannah Lee and I got back to the house I boiled her potatoes to soften a little before making them into french fries. They are different from Western Potatoes and ended up falling apart into mush. I was disappointed that we did not get to have them with the yummy homemade herb hamburgers I have been making these days. My friend Lotta from Sweden taught me how to make them nutritious and better than any we can buy here. By the way, I have spent more time cooking in the last 4 months, than in my entire life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment