Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Being in Cars


Adam and I both got to ride in cars today. It is an event, when you have not been in one in a long time! Cindy from Singapore drove me to get the supplies for Bento Box making. Adam got a ride home from work and was home early at 8pm. It is interesting the things you see when you are in a car, and not having to pay attention to your bicycle. I noticed a Statue of Liberty on the top of a building, and Cindy informed me that it was a "Love Hotel". The people here really enjoy having navigation systems in their cars. Adam's coworker paid $3500 dollars for his, and then paid extra for applications to tell him where the speed traps were. It really would have been nice to have a car later today when I received lots of food items from the Drake family. They are not allowed to take any food home with them, so they had lots of giveaways. I had to borrow their 2 kid stroller and had it over packed and had to stroll it through the neighborhood to get back to my home. I also received the beautiful plant, with the triangular pot that Deana had given Jaclyn when she left Japan. I am not very lucky with plants, but I will try my best to be able to pass it on when I leave.

1 comment:

  1. The plant lives!! That plant was actually a gift to us from a US family that is currently living in Chile.
    The food giveaway day is great huh? We had it happen to us and felt like we had won the lottery, then enjoyed it just as much when we got to give everything to the next couple. I wouldn't be surpeised if there is something in that pile of stuff that has been passed around for years. :)

    ReplyDelete