Saturday, September 11, 2010

Locked Up!






Date night in Tokyo turned out to be a fun, entertaining night! Jaclyn and David were celebrating their anniversary the same week as us, so we decided to go out together. The planning was all up to the girls, so we decided that it would be fun to go to a themed restaurant. This one is called "Locked Up". The dark hall that you walk down to get to the restaurant is like being in a haunted house at Halloween. There are scary things around every corner. After we opened the main jail cell we were greeted by a cute Japanese girl in a frisky police officer outfit. She proceeded to handcuff Adam and David to take them to their "jail cell". Unfortunately, the handcuffing room was too dark and had too many crazy lights going on to capture the picture of their red embarrassed cheeks! The whole place was full of "jail cells" which offered semi private dining. We would occasionally hear screams when diners were frightened by bloodied ghouls. After our dinner the lights went out, the song ghostbusters came on the loudspeaker, and the goblins went wild attacking us in our cells! Our party was then given a special cake to celebrate our anniversary's and they took a photo of us all for each of us to take home. It was all great, and the guys were impressed with the originality of the evening...or was it the short police girls skirt???
After dinner we strolled around Shibuya, Tokyo to people watch and see how much strangeness we could find. As you can see Serena (my hair extension) got to go along with us since I knew we would be having a theatrical evening. Little did I know that along with the very thick fuzzy leg warmer shoes that we saw everywhere, and the very short skirts, that we would see many fuzzy tails pinned to the bottoms of many girls! You tell me what that is all about!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. You and Serena look great. Did the fuzzy legwarmer shoes match the tails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope to go to the Ninja themed restaurant and the Alice in Wonderland themed restaurant too! I guess the legwarmer shoes and tails matched, it definatly looked liked she came out of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soon as I saw the picture I said. "OH, Serena got to go!." :)
    Looks and reads like y'all had a fun time. Keeping it spicy!
    I've got my eye on some property. 25 acres! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and crazy! Why don't we have those here, I bet the Alice in Wonderland would be cool. So I'm lost about the Serena, I guess I have to read the previous blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serena is my hairpiece that I have worn in most of my bellydance performaces. I think Tokyo was her last night out! As far as themed restaurants, Japan also has a restaurant that all the seats are toilets, and one where all the seats are barrels.

    ReplyDelete