Sunday, September 5, 2010

Soakin it up












Adam let me take a "Parent's day off" on Sunday, so Jaclyn and I took the 2 hour train ride to Hakone. It is full of fresh air, mountains, hot springs, and Art. It takes another 30 minute bus ride to wind your way up the mountain to Yuenssun spa. This place was amazing! You have to go to the website to see the pictures of some of the baths they have to offer...... We also had one turn on the waterslide!


We soaked in the charcoal bath, sake bath, green tea bath, wine bath, and coffee bath, as well as just regular hot springs bath with place to sit and let waterfall massage your back. They also have a heated marble slab that you can lay on to relax and dry off. I fell asleep on it. The spa offered several types of massages, the ionic foot detox bath, the fish pedicure, reflexology, etc. We received a 15 minute Thai foot massage that was wonderful. Before heading back home we checked out the main street in Hakone, and found some unique gifts.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    I'm missin you something fierce today! I'm glad you had an amazing weekend with a new friend. I spent the weekend camping on the Clackamas river. It was lovely! Except I was SO sore from a workout Friday. I'm starting up at Pat's gym next week. Yikes! But I'm excited to get stronger and be able to do better at outdoor sports like surfing, skiing, and rock climbing. Pat's going to yoga with me too:) Let me know if you have time to chat any the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty flexible and free!
    Love love love to you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Awesome! Glad you're having a good time. Keep soaking it all in. Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look so forward to all your posts what an awesome time for you all so many new things to do and learn this year will fly by. When I talked to Adam and Hannah they told me you had the day at this place. Deborah called me when she saw this and we both said we all may have to do that when we come over for our visit. Love and miss you so much.
    Mama J

    ReplyDelete