Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dr. Fish Project



Monday was a holiday here. (Beach Day) I strolled Hannah to the public pool with our friends. It is a 30 minute walk winding around cute neighborhoods. The big pool was huge! We did not even visit all of it. The big kids were getting rough, so we stuck to the kiddy pool most of the time. It was ankle deep, so you could just sit in it or even lay back and float. They had all kinds of fun sprinkler action going on. There was several water slides that Hannah and I went down together several times. There were no sunbathers, in fact most of the people had shade tents set up to stay out of the sun, when they were not in the water. I am told that Asian skin in very sensitive and they can have bad reactions to the sun. Hannah and I were using sunscreen, and we still got burned, so I guess the sun is stronger here too. Also, every 30 minutes you would hear a whistle blow and everyone had to get out of all pools for 5-10 minutes. I am not sure of the reason for this, but have many guesses. The most amazing experience there was the Dr. Fish Project. I had seen this on Oprah last year, but thought I was going to have to go to a fancy spa to get it. It only cost 500 Yen (about $6.50) for 5 minutes for me to stick my feet in a pool of water for a fish pedicure!!! They instantly swarm your calloused feet, and start sucking the dead skin off. It was strange, and tickled...I LOVED IT!!! I went to their website and this is what it said..."Peck the fish hot horny skin of people in magazines and television, the home of Doctor Doctor and footbath."

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Looks nasty but I know that had to feel good after the fact. I am so glad that you are alright Shawna. I know that you were worried. Tell everyone we said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO Shawna that looks scary...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ....I need one of those footbaths!!! Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete