Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shiny New Bicycle


Most everyone here has a bicycle, and they all have baskets on the front! It is the most reasonable way to get your grocerys home fast, and the breeze you get from riding helps with the heat here. I got mine yesterday complete with all the bells (literally), and a built-in lock, light that turns on when I ride, and of course a seat for Hannah. When I first got on it to ride home from the store ("Homes" is the name of the store), I thought something was wrong with the front tire because it was shaking uncontrollably. I then realized it was me that was shaking, and had to take some deep breaths, to calm the bike down. Other than a brief mountain biking experience, I had not been on a bike for over 20 years.

4 comments:

  1. I love your new bike looks like Hannah has a great ride too. Be careful Love you
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding a bike is just like... well... riding a bike! It will all come back to you sooner than you think. In just a few months you'll have grocery bags hanging off both handle bars, Hannah dead asleep behind you, Mp3 player going, dinging your bell at all the slow people on the sidewalks. Bikes make Yokohama FUN! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious. No biking in 20 years!
    Love all the post.
    :)

    ReplyDelete