Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sankeien Garden

Hello, this is Adam again. It seems like the only time I will have to write on this is the weekend. My first week of work went very good. I will describe what a typical day looks like later in the year when we start getting boring to everyone. It is pretty interesting getting to and from work. Sometimes the trains can get a little crowded. I think I got to second base with a middle aged Japanese man yesterday. The sad thing is that he didn't seem to mind and neither did I. More on that later....

This morning we got up and decided to explore the neighborhood a bit. We had heard that there was a pretty nice traditional Japanese garden a little up the hill. We found it and, except for the scorching heat, enjoyed a nice stroll around the grounds. Sankeien Garden was built by a wealthy silk trader who also had several historically important buildings brought here from other places for preservation.

The gardens were very nice and we would love to go back and spend some more time when the heat lets up. We thought this would be a great place to take visitors when they come visit. Enjoy the pics and take care.....


2 comments:

  1. Love reading this the gardens look so beautiful can't wait to see them for myself I'm so excited about all your new adventures. Love you all so much.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd base? I've never looked at it quite that way - thanks for the laugh. I'm glad work is going well for you!

    Sankeien is one the most beautiful parks in Japan during Cherry blossom season. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete