Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review Life and Recycle



"Would you like to review what your life should be...?" That is the quote on my new green recycle bins. I have been recycling since I was a teenager. I have been paying $14/month to recycle in TN for over a decade. However, recycling in Japan takes it to a whole other level. Notice the paper attached to my cabinet that I have to refer to daily to see what is being recycled that day, and how to deal with it. Water bottles are recycled separately from the cap of the water bottle. All labels have to be removed. Milk cartons have to be washed out, cut open to be flattened and dried, then wrapped with cord separately. This is just a few examples of the details. The hardest one to do by far is cleaning the poop out of diapers before you place them in the burnable trash!

2 comments:

  1. Which bin does the poo go into??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should and need to learn from the Japanese to love our world better.

    ReplyDelete