Monday, August 9, 2010

Daily Commute



Hey everyone, Adam checking in for my weekly blog addition. Shawna has said that many of you have been asking about my daily schedule and has been reminding me nicely (because we all know that wives do not nag) about putting it into a post. So, here goes....

Pretty typical day actually. I leave the house between 6:00 and 6:30 every morning (depending on if I have an early tele-conference with the US). It is a short walk across the street to the bus stop. I try to catch either the 6:10 or the 6:36 bus for a short ten minute ride to the nearest train station. At Negishi station, I take a ten minute train ride into Yokohama station where I have to change trains.

Yokohama station is usually very busy during the rush hour times. I find it best to just walk with purpose in a straight line and most times a path will magically appear. I can usually find a seat on my second train, which is nice for the 37 minute ride to Ebina station. This gives me a good chance to listen to music, read a book, or study my Japanese. At Ebina, you guessed it, I have to change trains again. My last train is a short ten minute ride to Aiko-Ishida station. From there, it is a 3 minute walk to catch the bus that takes me to work.

So, if I leave the house at 6:00, I can usually be sitting at my desk at work by 7:40. The same process is repeated in the evenings which usually makes for a tiring day. But, Shawna and Hannah (if she is still awake) are always there to greet me at the door.

1 comment:

  1. That's a long way Son don't get lost in Japan. Rest when you can.
    Love you all and miss you
    Mama

    ReplyDelete