Monday, August 30, 2010

Synchronicity

I have been experiencing coincidences for many years, so it doesn't surprise me when it happens anymore. However, they have been happening in strange ways here. I won't bore you with the details, other than what happened today. I knew that the one souvenir that I wanted from Japan was dishes. Today I found them! The coincidence is that they are the square kind that I wanted, with the color "Tinkerbell green" flowers on them. This may seem like no big deal, except that just two nights ago I could not sleep. I spent many hours searching online for new colors to paint the McKnight Cottage when we move back to TN to live there. I had just told Adam that I wanted to be bold and paint the kitchen "Tinkerbell green"! He did not respond, so I took that as a "yes, that will be ok". So, I am so excited to display my new Japanese dishes on the Amish open cabinet in our kitchen when we return. I know that is a year from now, what can I say...I am a planner, and a little homesick.

2 comments:

  1. Shawna!!!!
    I finally got it to work. Had to sign up as a blogger myself, but I'll do anything at this point to get to follow your blog. Let me just start by saying I MISSSSS YOUUUUUU!!!! Your synchronistic tendencies are one of the many things I miss about you. You're going to need to post a pic of these "tinkerbell green" plates for all to see, I'm not sure I know what that is. My kitchen is painted "green silk" so that is the color I envision you are talking about...but maybe we're talking Tinkerbell's outfit? I'm thinking about signing up for the raw foods weekend and moonlight gladness this fall...but then I remember you won't be there. Maybe Leslie and I can go represent....won't be the same, but we'll sweat our sadness out in the sauna for Shawna!!! I love you.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. I'm glad your thinking about coming home. :)
    Had any more dance classes?

    ReplyDelete