Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Yokohama Club

We started a 2 week trial membership at the exercise and pool club on Sunday. It is a 10 minute walk up the hill behind our home to get to it. We made some connections with people from Costa Rica, Germany, and Seattle, WA. Also, I found a Massage therapist/Acupunturist! I received a 30 minute poolside massage with Jun from Yokohama. It was only 3,000 Yen, which is slightly more than $30 which is very reasonable. Adam watched me receive, as he played with Hannah in the baby pool. (He received his shoulder massage later that night from me, and my massage table is on the way for his at least monthly massages) Jun studied in New Jersey for 6 years, and also has an office space with a chiropractor in town where he does the acupunture. He mixes Shiatsu, and Myofascial with the Acupunture. He speaks perfect English, and has a great touch. I am thrilled to so quickly make this connection. Later that afternoon Adam bicycled Hannah, and I jogged next to them on our way to "Homes" to buy Adam his own bicycle. I have not jogged in a long time, and cannot believe that my body is not sore today. We bought Adam a cool bike and then we all rode to the Moon Cafe. Hannah and I shared a Strawberry milkshake (I watched them put an egg in it! Is this normal?) Adam had a root beer float. This place will become a favorite of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Been doing alot of reading lately. Apparently raw organic grassfed eggs are great for your teeth in preventing cavities. Also have to watch out at first because raw egg is also a detoxer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Who did you meet? I knew several moms that went there. I'm glad ya'll are doing well.

    ReplyDelete