Monday, August 9, 2010

Festival











Once a year there is a Japanese Shinto festival in our community at the park one minute from our home. There is lots of food, singing, dancing, and drumming. They decorate and have games and prizes for the children. It is Friday night through Sunday night, and during the day people carry the altar through the neighborhood while singing and drumming. We went both nights, and Hannah and I decided to dress the part for Saturday night festivities. We met lots of neighbors, and had a good time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Hannah looks so darn cute. Shawna, you look pretty cute yourself. In that picture, Hannah is looking up at you with the sweetest look. Hold her tight...Emma Grace started 1st grade today and it was harder than her going to kindergarten I think. She told me to tell you that she misses you and she thought about ya'll the other day. We were in Walmart and passed by the big boxes of toilet paper adn she wanted me to by the biggest box and send it to you and Uncle Adam for a Christmas present. We all got a good laugh out of that ;) I am so glad that you are all having such a good time. Your blog is great. Thats the first thing Emma Grace wants to do when we get home for the day is look to see if anything new has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this from the Brewer's blog, Curtis helped carry the altar around the neighborhood and later that night Deana got up onstage and sang and danced, it looked like tons of fun! You guys looked cute in your Kimono's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfits my beautiful girls. Looks like one big block party I'm so glad your having fun.

    ReplyDelete